Each show comes with a “Production Support” package that consists of:
- Full orchestral backing tracks that can be used either for rehearsal purposes or as a substitute for a live pit band. More Broadway shows are using backing tracks and the backing tracks provided for these shows have already been used in numerous productions with no problems encountered in any production to date. Producers and artistic directors have commented that though the use of backing tracks may limit flexibility to a very small extent, this is more than made up for by consistency and greater reliability in terms of sound and quality than you are likely to get with a scratch pit orchestra.
- Recordings with vocal lines (sometimes sung by international musical stars) to help cast members get a feel for the songs.
- Orchestral scores for a 10 to 12 piece orchestra, plus band parts, in pdf format. These scores can be reduced to a smaller line-up (through condensing string and other parts).
- Midi files of the orchestral scores are provided so that changes can be made with whatever music software is available, either to change the key (to suit a particular singer, for example) or to condense the scores. NOTE: The composer can condense or expand scores for any line-up (including the provision of new conductor scores and band parts in pdf format) at a charge of $25 per song. Key changes can be made for a charge of $10 per song. These can be turned around very rapidly – within a few days.
- Artwork for programs and posters.
- Background information, photos and biographies for program notes.
For sheet music or production inquiries, contact the appropriate Agent below.
Asia, the Near East
Mexico and other Spanish-speaking countries
UK and Ireland
84 Littlehaven Lane
Horsham, West Sussex
+44 (0) 700 581 0581
The US and Elsewhere
Bernard J. Taylor
6106 Dusty Trail, San Antonio, TX 78249, USA
210 823 5442 (USA)